Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Missing my gun-smoking hometown

There has been fresh fighting between ethnic KIO and Burmese regime in my hometown, Kachin State, northern Burma. Sometimes I want to join the KIO and fight against this oppressive Burmese regime. I belong to Kachin ethnic who are the majority in Kachin State, who is minority in other parts of Burma. Kachins are not allowed to have any political in 2010 Election because the regime knows the Kachin State Progressive Party would definitely win in Kachin State. I grew up in war-torn zone and hardly manage to get pass matriculation due to all kinds of crisises, thanks to my family's strong moral support on education. Over the past half-century, nothing has changed which mean nothing had developed across Burma, especially remote areas like my hometown in northern Burma. Ethnic groups like KIO made ceasefire with this regime hoping that there will be a political dialoge. This hope never happen. The regime made ceasefire with KIO only to buy time to destroy other ethnic rebels. KIO urged the regime to make nationwide ceasefire and host political talk but the regime now only turn back to KIO to refresh civil war. I grew up in war-torn zone but i am very peaceful person, want to solve only in non-violent means and serve my community which is one of the poorest and worst social dilemma in the world. I will go back to my gun-smoking hometown Soon!! I will miss you my friends

0 comments:

Post a Comment